Before we proceed with this blog you initially need to be familiar with the 3 most essential elements to building a website which are:
- Website building platform
- Web hosting
- Domain name
The right platform: WordPress or Website Builder?
The two most commonly used platforms to build websites are WordPress and Website Builders.
Hence you have to do your homework on both technological platforms before making the final decision.
WordPress is a computer software used to create, manage, and publish website content all while being a well-liked content management system (CMS) that powers more than 42% of all websites on the internet.
It is a program or service that makes the process of creating websites even easier.
When going forth with the most convenient website-building platform, we would rather you take heed of the following factors:
- Technicality: The learning curve on some systems is more challenging than others. To make the web development process easier to handle, take your coding and technical skills into account.
- Cost: Choose a platform that meets your budget. Furthermore, confirm that you will be able to upgrade when more people visit your website.
- Support: Some websites may require more assistance than others depending on the sort of website. For instance, when there is an error, a dynamic professional website will want immediate support. A small personal blog, however, can actually thrive on community support.
Getting a web hosting plan
A web hosting service is one that makes a website or web application publicly available on the internet. Make a decision about the kind of web host that will best meet your demands before selecting a hosting package. If you use a platform like WordPress, you might want to take a look at various CMS web hosting options because they provide optimized services, especially for CMS sites.
This is so because the majority of website builders employ their own web hosts. So, if you’ve decided to use a website builder, continue to the following section.
We believe the following factors may be of help when considering a web host:
- Cost: Some web hosts charge more than others. Thus, make sure to find a hosting price parallel to your budget overall.
- Features: Check the hosting provider’s bandwidth and storage to check if it can accommodate your website files and the intended number of visitors.
- Security: Verify the security precautions that are already in place, such as automatic backups and an SSL certificate.
- Support: Various web hosts provide their own types of help, either via live chat or email. Choose a web host that can offer dependable support around-the-clock.
Once you’ve located a hosting that works for you, look over the available plans. In the end, the kind of website you wish to create will determine the web hosting package you select.
Although, do not forget to be mindful of the following elements:
- Free domain name: A domain is included in the price of certain hosting packages, at least for the first year, from companies like Hostinger. The initial costs of creating a website will be less if you choose a plan with this benefit.
- Suitable storage: Without slowing down your website, adjust the storage space to guarantee that it will hold all of your files, photographs, and videos.
- Great bandwidth: If you want your website to be able to withstand heavy traffic at any moment, choose unlimited bandwidth.
Choosing a memorable domain name
Finally, Choose a domain name for your website as a final step. In addition to being crucial for website navigation, a personalized domain name contributes to branding. A memorable domain name can also generate high organic traffic.
When finding the right domain for your website, consider the following factors:
- Recognition: To prevent visitors from misspelling your domain name, pick a short and obvious name. Visitors will remember your domain name more easily if you choose words they are familiar with.
- Availability: To determine whether the desired domain name is available, use a web domain checker. If not, you might want to try modifying the extension or looking for a different domain name.
- Cost: When choosing a domain befitting your budget, be mindful of the fact that different top-level domains (TLDs) have different prices.
Follow Notch Digital for more.