“Content is king” – Bill Gates
Tune in to get a load of the up and coming content marketing trends in the year of ‘22.
Ranking organic material on Google is an uphill battle.
Google search is the go-to site for many marketers to get their content discovered by customers. Millions of people may notice your brand if you manage to land a slot on Google’s first SERP or, even better, take the top spot.
Google dominates the search engine market with a stake of around 92 percent, while Bing is its closest competitor with barely 3 percent. Additionally, Google receives 3.5 billion queries per day, giving it a dominant position in terms of influencing what users view.
Google no longer appears to be acting fairly when it comes to prioritizing SEO-optimized organic content in searches, which is a concern for content marketers today.
SEO and content experts believe that they are losing real estate on Google at a largescale. More ads seem to be prevailing and Google offers more of the search engine results pages to its own products. Thus it appears as much difficult to rank organic content and people are leaning more onto branded search.
What is branded search? You ask? Branded search is a search query is related to a specific brand or product name. The catch here is that if a customer types in a brand or product name it would only mean that they are aware of the high brand intent.
Another consideration for organic content is that customers are increasingly asking queries via Google searches. So it’s imperative to have answer-based content and be sure your content is keyword-rich.
Core Web Vitals Should not be ignored.
Core Web Vitals is a an array of metrics focused on user activity to measure the performance of a site from customer’s point of view.
These Core Web Vitals play a mjaor role in digital and content marketing. Boosting such metrics will augment your website’s performance and usability.
The 3 user-experience metrics used are:
- Largest Contenful Paint (LCP) – measures page load performance.
- First Input Delay (FID) – measures web page interactivity.
- Cumulative Layout Shift (CLS) – measures web page visual stability.
The objective is to improve usability, enable faster loading times, and achieve higher Core Web Vitals scores, which will become an SEO ranking element and increase the number of visitors who convert to sales.
Engage in creating answer based content
This has become notifyingly remarkable in conversational marketing eventually paving way for a more direct consumer approach. They seem to be leaning more and more towards audibility over typability.
SEO and content experts believe that Google has become an answer engine more rather than a serch engine and thus understanding your target audience and meeting their needs is vital.
Here’s how you can use this move to adress queries in your content:
- Review your buyer personas- Evaluate the issues they are experiencing and the solutions you may offer.
- Find popular questions using tools- Search listening tools can provide you with great insights into what people are asking.
- Organize audience research- Sending emials to engaged subscribers or asking for inputs on your social media channels.
- FAQ schema- Using codes you can let search engines know your content is in Q&A format allowing your content to be ranked higher than other content.
- Quality and relevant content- Your content should be accurate and relevant and it should not be benefitted from, for marketing purposes.
Follow Notch Digital for more.